Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Those annoying drippy Price pfister lav faucets

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 11:30:12 -0700 (PDT), Joe wrote:

On Mar 22, 10:57Â*pm, Todd wrote:
Hi All,

Okay, I give up. Â*Other than replacing them, is there a
way to those stinkin', generic, contractor Price Pfister
lavatory faucets to stop dripping?

I have replaced the gasket, replaced the gasket and
seat, replaced the whole cartridge and seat. Â*Works
for about a month, then the hot water starts dripping
again.

It seems to be the gaskets fault when I look. Â*The seats
are always nice an polished. Â*(And, no I am not man
handling the knobs when I turn them off!)

Is there some special gasket (that actually works) that
I should be using? Â*Any other ideas?

Many thanks,
-T

Remove faucet set. Place in brass recycling container for your next
trip to the dropoff. Install Kohler faucet set (preferred), others may
be nearly equal. Problem solved.

Joe

I use the GOOD Price Pfister units with the ceramic cartridges. No
washers. No drips, and unlike many others, the limit blocks are on the
top, not the bottom of the cartridge so the closing torque does not go
through the cartridge assembly at all.
They are the ONLY taps I have not had trouble with, and are all I will
use now. Not sure if you can get the good ones at the "borg" or not -
I buy mine from either a plumbing supply or the local hardware store.

And our water here in Waterloo Region is AGRESSIVE.