Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels Lee Michaels is offline

Default DeWalt DW733 planer *thunk* - update & question

" wrote in message
Don't know of any bearing supply place nearby. Good idea
though..wish I hadn't already ordered new ones from Dewalt...dang.

Do you have a bearing supply place close to you?? If so, bring in the old
bushing and show it to them. They can replace it with something much
better. This is a common upgrade to many tools out there.

You still should be able to find something online. And you may have
somebody close. These guys are in the shadows. And as Steve pointed out,
you can replace a bushing with a bearing. I would seriously consider
returning the bushings ordered and put in something of quality
construction/materials. The current model is a piece of junk, obviously.

Don't think repair. Think upgrade.