Posted to alt.society.nottingham,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.waterways
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default VirginMedia Broadband Price Increase

In article , Dave
scribeth thus

Friend of mine had a go at them last week about the 45 quid he was being
charged for broadband and phone.

Was put through to cancellations and they didn't offer him anything in
the way of a reduction..

Ditto here, but with BT in my case.
Recently, BT suddenly, without warning, decided to add £45 to our last
quarterly bill. This was, apparently, for 3 months advanced rental !!!
When I tackled them they said that they had a new computer system and it
couldn't handle the anomaly.
I asked why this suddenly came about after being with BT/Post Office for
more than 45+ years !!! I was refered to previous answer !. (these drones
just trot out the same script every time).
I asked what the hell we would get for the £45?, they said the telephone and
B/Band rental, I replied that we were already paying for that and had been
for 45+years. The lastest bill came to £183.
They were adament they wanted the money. We stopped the service. I went
through cancellations who appeared totally indifferent. The amended bill
will now only go upto the end of March, instead of end of May. So, in the
end, they will NOT be getting their 'pound of flesh' after all.
So, for much less than the price BT were charging just for a landline and
the smallest Broadband service, we are now having Virgin Media's package of
;
1) Telephone pack Talk Anywhere200 including calls to mobiles, at anytime of
day/night,
2) 10Mb Broadband (minimum) AND
3) The XL TV package including the HD pack .....

Goodbye to BT after 45+ years.

In the end, the consumer WILL have the choice, and the last SAY in what they
buy.
Wavey Dave

Not that the consumer has -that- much choice .. but as least there is
some..

Remember the good old days of the GPO ;!....
--
Tony Sayer