Posted to alt.society.nottingham,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.waterways
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default VirginMedia Broadband Price Increase

In article , Stuart Noble
scribeth thus
Michael Chare wrote:
"Harry Stottle" wrote in message
I have just had an email informing me that my VirginMedia broadband M
service is going to cost me an extra £3.25 per month from May, which
equates
to approximately a 20% price increase. This is made up of a £2.00 price
increase, plus a £1.25 service charge for sending me a monthly bill!. It
also says that I am to receive an upgrade to the 10Mb service, which I
have
not requested, and do not require. By enforcing this price increase on
the majority of their customers, who probably like me do not want or
require an upgrade, they are effectively penalising us for wanting a
basic service for emails and web browsing, and this is not on. I shall
be contacting customer services to strongly complain about this
extortion, and I hope others will do the same.

The best strategy in this sort of situation is to ask to speak to the
cancellations department. Tyically staff in that department have more
authority to offer you a better deal.

I think they're disbanding the 2Mb option. They actually rang me to say
that the speed was going up but the price was coming down (£27 a month
phone and bb). I really can't be arsed to shop around. On balance
they've been pretty good, the devil I know etc

Friend of mine had a go at them last week about the 45 quid he was being
charged for broadband and phone.

Was put through to cancellations and they didn't offer him anything in
the way of a reduction..

So the mobile is now the home phone and the 3G dongle is the new
broadband;!..

Goodbye Virgin after 12 years of being a customer;!..
--
Tony Sayer