Posted to alt.home.repair
Wayne Whitney Wayne Whitney is offline

Default Gray PVC fittings in residential plumbing -- kosher?

On 2009-03-22, Nate Nagel wrote:

Apropos of this discussion I was in the electrical dept of HD a this PM
(actually two; I walked out of the first one after being unable to
locate the zip line or an associate who wouldn't ignore me to my face)
and while looking for what I needed saw the rack of electrical conduit;
it was actually marked "Schedule 40 Electrical Conduit." weird. I
thought "Schedule 40" referred to water pipe...

Schedule 20, 35, 40 and 80 (and perhaps others) refer only to the
weight and wall thickness of the pipe, with the higher numbers
thicker. PVC electrical conduit is available in Schedule 40 and
Schedule 80, with Schedule 80 required wherever the conduit could be
subject to physical damage.

Cheers, Wayne