Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bosch Axxess washer 230 volt supply plug

On Mar 22, 1:40*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
wrote:

He said he wanted to run the washer off the dryer outlet. *That would
sure seem to me to imply that he has an electric dryer. * Gas dryers
are generally 120V, as are washers. *Given that the dryer is 230V, it
sure sounds to me like it's an electric.

He said he has a dryer OUTLET, not that he has an electric dryer. Homes are
often built with both gas and electric provisions for the dryer (the builder
doesn't know which the ultimate homeowner wants).

In my home, I have a gas dryer and an unused 220V outlet right next to it..

Interesting. Around here (NJ) in every case I've seen, builders give
you one or the other. Which kind of makes sense, as it's extra cost
to them to run both gas and electric for a dryer.