Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Replacing plywood siding with stone?

On Mar 21, 11:17*am, " wrote:
What is involved with replacing the T1-11 plwood siding with stone /
stone veneer? *Is it even possible? *I assume all of the trim would
have to be removed. *Our house has the fake stone - Lavastone on the
front and plywood siding on the sides and back of the house. *I am
just tired of painting and replacing rotted siding, whenever we do
paint. *In addition there is a large semi-circular bow window on the
back of the house that has this siding, and I have no idea how they
applied it...maybe with kerfs? *Ideas?

Cheers

Have a look at some of the unique kinds of vinyl siding now on the
market. Giving the pace a whole new look and getting rid of the
maintenance could be just what you need. If it clashes with
neighborhood styles, don't worry about it. Soon enough the other
houses will be redone just like yours if it is a nice job. Happens all
the time in many towns. Good luck.

Joe