Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruno Bruno is offline

Default Can someone help identify this EMCO lathe?

"Wild_Bill" wrote:

The lathe in the pictures look nearly identical to a 9x20 Enco, Bruno, not
an EMCO.

I could be mistaken, and it's often said tht the Enco and other Chinese
lathes were copies of the famous precision Austrian EMCO lathe, but this one
has many identical features of the Chinese model.

If it really is an EMCO, it (very likely) won't be there tomorrow for that
price.

OTOH, if it's a 9x20 Chinese lathe, it might still be worth that price.

There should be set of gears with it, bout 8 pieces, maybe, and possibly
some other loose parts.

If there are more accessories inluded, I'd say it's definitely worth that
price, since the Enco 9x20 is about $800 or more presently.

My first thought is that he really meant Enco, but not sure. I called
him today (Sunday) and the machine is in his shop so he could not tell
me anything more about it and the shop is not open until tomorrow
morning. So it will be around until then, but hard to say after that.