Larry Jaques

Default WARNING - WAY OT - OIL CHANGE INSTRUCTIONS

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 22:55:10 +0100, Andy Dingley
pixelated:

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 15:43:42 GMT, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Filling it with water expunges the gas,

It doesn't. 8-(

I sit corrected. (too lazy to stand)

There's a problem with gas absorbtion into the inner surface of the
cylinder (often slightly rusty). You "empty" the cylinder, then you
either leave it standing or you heat the metal - then it outgases and
there's an explosion. It's not (usually) enough to injure you, but
it'll cost you a new pair of pants.

Your google exercise for the evening is to find the web site of the
guy who had this happen to him, whilst making halloween lanterns.

g x2

Please don't post any "advice" for cutting propane cylinders open
unless you've done a bunch yourself, and you've conducted a proper
risk assessment. My protocol for doing these is a couple of pages
long, and there isn't a single step that I'd omit.

I bow to your advanced knowledge of the beast and will take your
advice.

Have you read the new book "What Would Machiavelli Do?"
http://diversify.com Dynamic, Interactive Websites!