Posted to alt.society.nottingham,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.waterways
Harry Stottle[_3_] Harry Stottle[_3_] is offline

Default VirginMedia Broadband Price Increase

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
. ..
Harry Stottle wrote:
"Clive George" wrote in message
news

"Harry Stottle" wrote in message
I have just had an email informing me that my VirginMedia broadband
M service is going to cost me an extra £3.25 per month from May,
which equates
to approximately a 20% price increase. This is made up of a £2.00
price increase, plus a £1.25 service charge for sending me a
monthly bill!.

They want to send you a bill electronically - costs them less. So
they charge you for paper, same as for many other places. Sign up
for the electronic one and you don't get that service charge.

An electronic bill is OK, until you get some debt collecting agency
asking you two years down the line for payment for a service you know
that you have already paid for, as has been happening to several
viewers of Watchdog recently. If you have an original paper receipt,
it would be easy to produce that in court as evidence of payment, but
a computer printout is not the same, and could be easily doctored, or
lost due to a computer crash, and yes, I do keep these type of
receipts for at least 2 years.

But you would have the bank statements providing proof of payment?

The more proof the better if a debt collecting agency comes calling :-)