Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bosch Axxess washer 230 volt supply plug

On Mar 22, 1:39*pm, bud-- wrote:
wrote:
On Mar 22, 12:33 pm, bud-- wrote:
wrote:
On Mar 22, 10:02 am, Kevin Ricks wrote:
hamish wrote:
We have purchased this Washer and need to know what connections are
needed to the outlet.
I have a dryer 230 outlet near *and it is connected with a Red, White,
Black and Ground connection. *I plan to pony this outlet connection on
the dryer connections. *I have been told that a 12/2 cable with ground
is all that is required. *I connection to the Red terminal and 1
connection to the Black terminal and ground connection to the
ground. * Any help would be appreciated.

Look at the outlet on the wall and go buy a matching dryer cord from a
hardware store. There should be a wiring diagram on the back of the
dryer and/or instruction sheet with the dryer.
Note do not use 12/2 that is too small and does not have the red wire.
The dryer cord will be the correct size (10 gauge).
Kevin

He's trying to ADD a 230V outlet for a WASHER. * Running the black,
red and ground to the new outlet is correct, assuming the washer only
needs 230V, not 115V. * *However 12 gauge wire is NOT OK. * The wire
size must be compatible with the breaker. *Assuming the existing wire
is of the correct gauge, then the run from the existing outlet to the
new one should be the same gauge. * If you use 12 gauge and someone
later were to plug in a larger load, fire could result.

If using the same circuit (which should be fine) the breaker needs to be
appropriate for the washer.

Why is that? *You can plug a 15Watt *nightlight into a 20 amp outlet.