Posted to alt.home.repair
SMcK SMcK is offline

Default Installing Gas Oven

OK, I just pulled the oven away from the wall and there is no valve to
shut off between the floor and the flexible metal pipe. There's just
the metal pipe coming up through the floor, the flexible tube and the
oven. Any ideas on how to handle this? I wonder if maybe there's a
valve below the floor, in the crawlspace. FWIW - the house was built
in 1950, and I suspect this is the original location for the oven.

-Scott

On Mar 21, 8:45*pm, Nate Nagel wrote:
Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
*Nate Nagel wrote:

Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
*"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

Overall, the job isn't
really killer dificult.

--
Isn't killer difficult? You're joking, right? It's two threaded fittings
on a flexible line, and a plug that goes into an electrical outlet.

nate

If I were to concede that, you'd probably ask for a second hand to
operate it, and a second eye for depth perception.

Well, honestly, there are very few jobs that I perform with one eye
closed and one hand tied behind my back...

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.http://members.cox.net/njnagel- Hide quoted text -