Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bosch Axxess washer 230 volt supply plug

On Mar 22, 10:02*am, Kevin Ricks wrote:
hamish wrote:
We have purchased this Washer and need to know what connections are
needed to the outlet.
I have a dryer 230 outlet near *and it is connected with a Red, White,
Black and Ground connection. *I plan to pony this outlet connection on
the dryer connections. *I have been told that a 12/2 cable with ground
is all that is required. *I connection to the Red terminal and 1
connection to the Black terminal and ground connection to the
ground. * Any help would be appreciated.

Look at the outlet on the wall and go buy a matching dryer cord from a
hardware store. There should be a wiring diagram on the back of the
dryer and/or instruction sheet with the dryer.

Note do not use 12/2 that is too small and does not have the red wire.
The dryer cord will be the correct size (10 gauge).
Kevin

He's trying to ADD a 230V outlet for a WASHER. Running the black,
red and ground to the new outlet is correct, assuming the washer only
needs 230V, not 115V. However 12 gauge wire is NOT OK. The wire
size must be compatible with the breaker. Assuming the existing wire
is of the correct gauge, then the run from the existing outlet to the
new one should be the same gauge. If you use 12 gauge and someone
later were to plug in a larger load, fire could result.