Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Telespalla Bob Telespalla Bob is offline

Default green dots on plasma tv set

Ross Herbert ha scritto:
On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 00:29:36 +0100, Telespalla Bob
wrote:

:Hi, I have gained one LG based Plasma TV set.
:This TV is maked around model 42V5 chassis.
:In dark scenes, I see high quantity of green dots that is very numerous
:immediately after brightness change from light to dark, then decreases
:if scene persist dark.
:How I can check?
:Thanks and excuse me for my english.
:
:Bye.

Back a few years LG plasma 42 inch TV's suffered from a "green line" symptom.
Usually off to one side (can't remember which side) a thin vertical green line
stretched from top to bottom and as it worsened an additional parallel green
line would start to appear.

The only solution is a replacement of the plasma display.

I had an old war veteran friend who paid about $4000 for one of these sets and
he had owned it for about 2-1/2 years (long past the warranty period) when it
developed the symptom. After giving LG a good sob story they agreed to replace
the plasma screen at minimal cost (about $200). The real repair cost was well
over $1000, which he could definitely not afford. Repairing the set allowed him
to sell the set for $1000 but otherwise it was not worth a bean.

thanks, but I have green dots, not green line on my display.

--
Prima di rispondermi devi togliere le dita dal naso!!! :-)