Leon

Default What Woodcraft COULD have done

"TomL" wrote in message
I'm of the firm belief Woodcraft is fully to blame as far as the
Jorgensen clamp sale incident.

What incident? Selling out of a much sought after product that was less
than half priced?

Many times when a retailer has a special promotion they will tell you

upfront about 'limited
quantities'. The better retailers will even state the amount of
inventory on hand.

Yeah they normally tell you 1 or 2 at this special price. Seldom do thay
say that they only have 2000 to sell.

In addition they might disclaim the availability of rainchecks. Woodcraft
could have done some of the above.

IIRC they indicated WHILE quantities last.

They could also have backordered some or all of what they could not

fulfill. I
can't help but think this promo was poorly planned or a clever ruse to
harvest email and home addresses.

Amazon and Woodworker Source had the same sale with the same results.

Most likely they were able to purchace or only purchased these clamps at a
one time price reduction that they passed on to the customers which they
probably did not have to do.

Yes, I was lucky enough to get my order in and have the shipping confirmed,

however I don't expect I'll
be doing any future business with them.

That sounds pathetic. You buy a good product at dirt cheap prices and get
the product but are not going to buy from them again because they ran out
and some people did not get any clamps. So you let the regular customers
pay the higher prices and you complain???