Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Too remove or not remove rubbery floor glue?

Bruce wrote:
Tim S wrote:
Just peeled some more old flooring up in the bungalow. It had been stuck
down with what looks like industrial evo-stick. The flooring cleaved off
with a spade, but there remains a layer a mm or two thick of the rubbery
adhesive.

snip

Has anyone any bad experiences of tiling straight over this sort of stuff?

Yes, I went over it with a levelling screed, which gave me a smooth and
level surface to tile on to.

A shop fitters trick for killing off the stickyness of surfaces like
this is to sweep some dry levelling compound powder over it. It sets
into all the sticky bits and stabilises them.

--
Cheers,

John.