Posted to alt.home.repair
Kevin Ricks Kevin Ricks is offline

Default Bosch Axxess washer 230 volt supply plug

hamish wrote:
We have purchased this Washer and need to know what connections are
needed to the outlet.
I have a dryer 230 outlet near and it is connected with a Red, White,
Black and Ground connection. I plan to pony this outlet connection on
the dryer connections. I have been told that a 12/2 cable with ground
is all that is required. I connection to the Red terminal and 1
connection to the Black terminal and ground connection to the
ground. Any help would be appreciated.

Look at the outlet on the wall and go buy a matching dryer cord from a
hardware store. There should be a wiring diagram on the back of the
dryer and/or instruction sheet with the dryer.

Note do not use 12/2 that is too small and does not have the red wire.
The dryer cord will be the correct size (10 gauge).
Kevin