Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How many men needed to bring a fridge up the stairs

When I was in college in the early 1980s, my room made got a
refrigerator. we somehow managed to get it to the loading
dock of the other dorm complex, and another student helped
the two of us heft it onto the back of my 1974 Dodge Dart
Swinger. We managed to get it into the other building, and
into the dorm room some how. That was quite a trip.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"mm" wrote in message

I asked the main question because in college our fridge
broke and we
found an unused one in the basement of the apartment
building. I
think we needed four of us to get it up one flight of
stairs, a
typical set of back stairs of a 3 story Chicago apartment,
probably
six-foot wide steps. But that was without a dolly, just
lying on its
side, on blankets I'm sure so it wouldn't get scratched, and
being
pushed up the stairs by two on the botton and one or two
pulling on a
rope at the top. I don't think there was room for a third
guy on the
bottom. Even with 4 we barely got it up there.

OK, we'll get some young guys.