Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Dirt removal

Smitty Two wrote:

-snip-

The difficulty there is that the dirt isn't close to the hatch. I want
to avoid crawling as much as possible. I don't mind being under there,
and I don't mind doing the work, but I hate moving around down there.

Probably the reason my cellar excavation project has stretched over 20
yrs, but my instincts would be to start at the hatch and make a path
back to the piles.

I've tried sleds and settled on buckets. I'm 20 yrs older than I was
when I started, but I can almost see the end of it now. It's been
good winter exercise and a constant source of amusement for my friends
and family.

Jim