Posted to alt.home.repair
Hustlin' Hank Hustlin' Hank is offline

Default WD-40

On Mar 22, 2:46�am, JIMMIE wrote:

For almost everthing WD40 can do there is another product that will do
it a lot better. The exception is that I dont know of any spray that
works as well at drying out a distributor cap as WD40.

Jimmie-

Or, at least "claim" to do it better.

WD40 works for me. I buy it in gallons. It smells better than
Kerosene.

I mainly use it on my dirt bikes. I use it on the chain because the
stuff that "claims" to do a better job is thicker, holds sand and
other debris which eats away the O-rings. I also spray it all the bike
(being careful not to get it on the disc brakes). It shines the
plastic, makes the tires look new and lightly polishes the engine
covers and such.

I guess usefullness and quality of ANY product is in the eye of the
user.

Can anyone on here name a product that EVERYONE agrees it is the best
at any certain task? I doubt it.

Hank ~~~loves WD40