Posted to alt.home.repair
ChairMan ChairMan is offline

Default Replacing Interior Door Knobs in Old House (odd size!)

In ,
spewed forth:
Could someone help? We live in a house built in 1902 and have Rim
Locks on all of our doors. We want to replace them, since many of
them don't latch anymore. When we removed one to replace it with a
standard interior door knob, we realized that our doors are too thin!
They are about an inch wide, whereas modern doors are 1 1/4 or 1 1/2
wide. Does anyone know of a place that I can find knobs that would
fit? Or what I'd use as a keyword to search online?

You might try here
http://www.vandykes.com/category/doorknobs