Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default How many men needed to bring a fridge up the stairs

On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 01:05:10 GMT, aemeijers wrote:

mm wrote:
On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 19:08:06 -0500, Fat Moe
wrote:

Whoever moves it, get them some grip gloves if they don't have them.
Sharp edges and slick sides on something going up a stairs is asking for
trouble. Even those gloves with the plastic dots will help moving it
much easier.

And thanks for the suggestion. I have leather gloves, but I also
bought a couple pairs of the dot gloves. Didn't know why, but I
usually use the things I buy. So this must be why.

I've sworn by the dot gloves since I discovered them at around age 13 or
so, close to 40 years ago.

Hmmm. I never even saw them until 2 or 3 years ago!!

Beats the snot out of the no-dot brown
gloves, which are way too slippery. I even use them as driving gloves in
winter, since drive to work is too short to heat up the car enough to go
bare-handed. You can actually use the dashboard controls with those, not
possible with insulated gloves. For some reason, the stores around here
don't always have them, or have them in the size I wear, so when I trip
across them, I buy 2-3 pairs. They don't last real long under abrasive
conditions, but at a buck a pair, I don't really care. Unless I get
something real nasty on them, I just run them through the washer when
they get funky- can't do that with most work gloves. I try to keep a
clean pair in the pocket of every cool-weather coat I have. I use
leather for sharp stuff, and blue nitrile for painting and caulking, but
the brown dots for most everything else.