Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_2_] Steve Barker[_2_] is offline

Default WD-40

Peetie Wheatstraw wrote:
I got this slightly old can of WD-40.

From the git-go, if I needed a tiny bit of lube, about the least the
thing would apply was around 14 times as much as needed.

Now the can is 1/3 full, it stops spraying altogether. I thought it
was the spray-head, but I depress the stem on the valve and nothing
come out. I know there's still propellent in it. Looks like the
cheapo valve clogged its silly self.

Right on into the trash can. Right?

Seems to me the older WD-40 cans (from the 80's) worked better'n this.

Know of a comparable commonly available product with a good valve and
spray-head?

Thx,
Peetie

WD-40 is not a lubricant. (actually it's not much of anything) So
you've picked the wrong product to begin with.