Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dirt removal

On 3/21/2009 2:00 PM Smitty Two spake thus:

I'd like to remove a couple of largish size piles of dirt from under the
house. Maybe 10 good wheelbarrow loads or more, I'm not sure. Hatch is
in the back wall and is about 12" high by 24" wide and there's a drop
down from there of about 12".

I'm thinking of either a kids' wagon, or small plastic toboggan for
transport, a long rope pull, and a plywood ramp up to ground level. So
I'd be down in the hole loading, and she'd be hauling out. Not sure
where'd she'd be dumping, because it'll have to be hauled offsite
eventually. I think I could just put another rope on my end to pull the
empty sled back to me.

Any suggested refinements to this method, or alternatives could be
helpful.

Rent a copy of "The Great Escape". Pretend you're Charles Bronson.

mostly pears.
Made With Pears: Pretty good chance that pears will be detectable in
the product.
Contains Pears: One pear seed per multiple tons of product.

(with apologies to Dorothy L. Sayers)