Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default How many men needed to bring a fridge up the stairs

On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 15:48:34 -0600, Tony Hwang
wrote:

Colbyt wrote:
"mm" wrote in message
How many men needed to bring a fridge up the stairs, from the
basement. Using a rental handtruck designed for this, with a strap
etc.

How many men needed if the first ones are in good shape and 83, 72,
and 62 years old?

It is a two man job. I won't address the age issues.

The 2 fittest should be the two man team. IMO, the stronger back on the
bottom.

The stronger shoulders on the top.

The guy on the top pulls and the guy on the bottom lifts one step at a time.

The third guy should shoot the video and be ready to call 911.

I apologize now for that last line.

Hi,
Old round fridges are very heavy. New ones are not that heavy.
Two man and handtruck is the way. If needed remove door(s).

I thought they might be lighter now, but otoh, I thought they might be
a lot bigger. My friend says this one is not especially big, so it's
probably lighter.

Can't take video. None of us have a video recorder. Will spend
money for video recorder on hiring two men. Or maybe 3.