Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Question on routers and router tables

The most appropriate router nowadays is at least 2hp, maybe 2.5 or 3
and has a plunge base with a built in ability to set the height from
above the table. This can save you the money of an expensive raiser
setup and give you the conveinience of the above the table adjust.

Lots ofd times they sell kits with both types of bases so you at least
still have a fixed base to keep for hand work and you just need to
drop the router out of the plunge base that is attached to the table
when yoyu need to do hand work.

On Mar 21, 10:07*pm, "Daryl" wrote:
hello folks I have a question concerning the types of routers to use on
router tables, my old combo router table w/router got busted up and I need
to get another setup but I don't want to go with another cheap combo setup,
I want to get an actual table router, my question is this I have a 2HP black
& decker evs plunge router no fixed base can this router be used on a router
table? without a fixed base? I have seen some advertised using plunge
routers

* * TIA