Posted to rec.woodworking

Default debugging wood

sbnjhfty wrote:

I have a few pieces of beautiful fallen wood that is
full holes (and likely bugs) that I am going to use
for a project. It's not green wood but is wet from
rain and lying on the ground. How can I make sure
that the bugs don't follow me indoors?

First thing you need to do is get it off the ground and out of the rain.
If it's sitting on wet ground, it is absorbing moisture and most likely
starting to rot. After you get some real drying going on, then you can
start worrying about the critters.