Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default sectional thread

engineman wrote:

I have a plastic bottle that once held Lipton's green tea.
when I looked at the threads on the bottle it looks like they consist
of segments.
The cap has similar threads.
I'm wondering what the reason for these strange threads?
Engineman

http://www.photoworks.com/photo-shar...&toh=&svr=web5

Because they used the same cap and bottle used in carbonated drinks. I'm taking a wild
arsed guess but the segments are to allow controled venting of pressure like when your
Pepsi is dropped from the top section of the vending machine, thus causing the carbonation
to get upset.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller