Posted to alt.home.repair
miamicuse miamicuse is offline

Default Recessed lights in kitchen centered on the stove

I have planned a series of recessed lights in the kitchen, along the
cabinets about 36" from the wall (counter top would be 24" out) so it will
be 12" beyond the counter top.

One of them I centered on the stove to give some lights to the stove while
cooking, although the range hood has lights too.

I started to read and some literature says that lighting that is near a
range hood especially a stainless steel one is very bad because it cast the
light on the shiny surface, then create a glare effect to the person cooking
and it's a major no no.

Do some of you have lights over the stove and this is indeed a problem? Is
it better to move it to either side?

On the other side where the sink is (and where food prep happens) I am
putting in lights right at 24". I have no top cabinets there.

On the stove side I do have top cabinets sp right now I am planning 36" out.

Thanks,

MC