Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Rubberized paint?

On Mar 20, 5:07*pm, "Anthony" wrote:
I'm looking for a paint or rubberized plastic coating to be used in using
in a medicine chest.

I was going to pull my medicine chest, sand, primer & paint the inside.
Started thinking about a rubberized paint like something they spray in
pick-up truck beds. I only want to coat the bottom 1/4 of the medicine
chest.

Instead of running around to Sherwin Williams, B. Moore, Ace and other
stores looking for advice, figured I'd give it a shot in trying to find an
_end user_ of such a product.

Any suggestions or recommendations?

You need something to stop the corrosion, not just hope the paint will
hold it off. Such paints are a class called 'zinc rich' and are
available in aerosol and conventional cans. Not common in many stores,
you may have to look at industrial supply sources. Whatever, the stuff
really works, and is commonly used by makers of galvanized chain link
fencing gates and the like, where welded corners have had the zinc
burned off.

Joe