Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Installing Gas Oven

On Mar 21, 9:18*am, SMcK wrote:
We'll be buying a new gas oven soon. *The local appliance store wants
a few hundred bucks to deliver and install. *I have a truck big enough
to haul it and neighbors to help get it in the house.

How difficult is it to install the new oven? *Some neighbors say it's
just a matter of shutting off a valve behind the oven, unhooking the
coupling, and rehooking the new oven to the coupling, using adapters
if necessary. *I don't imagine the assembly of the oven and stovetop
parts will be that difficult.

What say you folks?

-Scott

Its easy to do unless the gas valve is bad, use new flex. 200$ is
alot for that. These days you should be able to get it for near free
on a new stove. I have an apliance guy that sells me top quality used
stuff installed for 150$, and the stoves compare to 6-800$ new stuff.
The quality on cheap stoves for rentals is junk these days.