Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default Installing Gas Oven

"SMcK" wrote in message

We'll be buying a new gas oven soon. The local appliance store wants
a few hundred bucks to deliver and install. I have a truck big enough
to haul it and neighbors to help get it in the house.

How difficult is it to install the new oven? Some neighbors say it's
just a matter of shutting off a valve behind the oven, unhooking the
coupling, and rehooking the new oven to the coupling, using adapters
if necessary. I don't imagine the assembly of the oven and stovetop
parts will be that difficult.

What say you folks?

-Scott

An empty spray bottle, a teaspoon of liquid dish soap, enough water to fill
the bottle and paper towels to wipe up the residue.

Liberally spay every exposed leak and watch for bubbles to check for gas
leaks before you call it a day.

The tiny bubbles from the soap are not what you are watching for. If you
have a leak the bubble will expand.

--
Colbyt