Posted to alt.home.repair
Charles Bishop[_2_] Charles Bishop[_2_] is offline

Default 110V and water

In article ,
wrote:

On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 02:04:39 -0400, mm
wrote:

Should he seal the drain holes, or use drain-only holes?

The code says raceways and boxes "shall be arranged to drain".
They know "wet locations" will eventually accumulate water. You want
drain holes in boxes. I have found it is also good to point wirenuts
up and keep them in the top of the box.

The common "weatherproof" boxes don't have drain holes in them[1]. Should
drain holes be drilled before they are installed?

charles

[1] Mostly, I think because this would mean there would be only one way
the box could be installed and have the drain holes work.