Posted to sci.electronics.repair
harryhomer harryhomer is offline

Default RCA VMT-390 VCR

On Mar 13, 1:01*pm, "nipperchipper" wrote:
Its the belts that are bad, they have stretched out of shape. *You should
replace all of them. *I think there were at least 6 of them.

"harryhomer" wrote in message

I have been away from repair too long. *Wife's VCR, when set up to
record, records about 1 second and then stops. *I cleaned the tape
path and pinch roller (it was squeeling), but it is still not working
and if I remember correctly there is something else that goes wrong to
cause this. *Any suggestions?- Hide quoted text -

Thank you; I bought a belt kit from the local electronics store and
installed them last night; VCR works great; they were really stretched
out of shape; all of them. Even the wife commented it rewinds better
now in addition to recording properly.