Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default Arm Braces on Hollowing Tool Handles

On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 00:43:22 -0600, Dave Balderstone
wrote:

In article , charlieb
wrote:

What say you?

When I make a mistake, and I KNOW I will, I don't want the tool
attached to me.

I wnat my grip of the tool JUST precarious enough that I am going to
DAMNED WELL PAY ATTENTION in "iffy" situations when I'm pretending I'm
that little Engine saying "I think I can..."

I couldn't agree more...
Most of my gouges are ground "swept", so the tool handle is much lower than the
tip..
If I get a catch, (not that any of US ever do), I want the tool to be pushed
down and on MY side of the tool rest..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing