Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Capt. Cave Man Capt. Cave Man is offline

Default Building DIY pro. speakers - 500_watt_top_box.jpg (1/1)

On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 21:47:35 -0400, wrote:

Fairly decent cabinet design.

I hope you are using marine type plywood.

A fine grain, high density particle board might be better. I use solid
hardwoods throughout.

You should also use a thicker glue between ALL of the elements, and you
should coat the entire inside with a thick polyurethane so thick that ALL
of the sharp corners inside become rounded.

You should not assume that your max wattage is equal to the wattage
capacity stated on the driver(s).

The wiring certainly will NOT handle your claimed power handling
capacity. It will introduce distortion as power increases. You need
bigger feed lines, and they should be kept as short as can be feasibly
done.

The ports are too small for the frequency range they will be hit at.
A long throw heavy foam (rubber or butyl) surround will last longer than
the paper surround type cone as well. They'll be good for live work, but
a "home stereo" setting would likely show some spectral 'colorations'.

The crossover arrangement looks a bit problematic as well.

You have the midrange driver firing to the side?

Where did you get the design from?