Posted to alt.home.repair
gpsman gpsman is offline

Default termites

On Mar 20, 5:45*pm, E Z Peaces wrote:

How about Termidor? *It has Fipronil. *Government monitoring of tests 9
years old shows it still provides 100% protection.

I only became "certified" to apply Termidor because I had clients
asking about it. I never failed to switch a client to baiting, so I
never actually used it.

I doubt an application of much of anything is going to remain in place
in uncontrolled environments for 9 years, and, rather than applying
something with that degree of persistence, I'd prefer regular
treatments of less persistent materials.

It also offers the homeowner more of a sense of security, I think.

How about treating wood with borates? *Time and UV don't affect them.

Outside my area of expertise, so I couldn't say.
-----

- gpsman