Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default de Laval turbine

"Michael Gray" wrote in message
news:rtYwl.18934$PH1.16185@edtnps82...

Thank you for the advice, don't worry I shan't get in a tiff about it.
:-)

Mike in BC

Ugh... Well, it's strictly in the interest of better computing for all.
d8-)

Perhaps I should have put ("English humour") rather than a smiley face -
I really do appreciate your telling me about the TIFF file compression.
Or was your "Ugh" at the low level of my pun?

Yes. g

Apologies offered.
Mike

I'll get over it.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to reading what you provided and learning more
about these things. I saw a de Laval cream separator on my family's farm in
New Hampshire over 50 years ago, and maybe I got fascinated by the name. But
I'm impressed with the sophistication of de Laval's (and others')
engineering on steam turbines in the late 19th century. They were really
pushing the envelope.

--
Ed Huntress