Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default de-stinking a car interior

ktos wrote:
aemeijers wrote in
:

Cheri wrote:
"aemeijers" wrote in message
I'm sure this has come up on here before, but I can't remember what
the best recommended product was. I think something died in my van,
and I need to de-stink it. I pulled the removable seats loose and
did an eyeball inspection, but found no little corpses. Not yet
desperate enough to pull the carpets and interior panels. Used up my
remaining quarter-bottle of Febreeze, too soon to tell if it helped.
As usual with these things, smell is worst after van has been
sitting closed for several hours. Smell arrived with the warm spell
a couple days ago.

Will it dry up faster if I leave it parked in sunshine with windows
up, or windows down? And what is best product to saturate the
suspect part of carpets and end of floor heater ducts with? (No
stink apparent from the dash ducts, or seating surfaces, or
underside of the seats I flipped over)
You didn't happen to have a leaking baby bottle in it, did you? That
can be ghastly.

Nope, I'm a single male. No little ones ever ride in there. (I needed
a hauling vehicle, and a pickup won't fit in my garage. The removable
seats usually aren't in it, but I had to put them back in to make room
for the snow blower in the garage.)

--
aem sends...

YOU stink. It's not the vehicle.

You're too late- StepfanKing already claimed the 'dumb comments' duty
for this thread.