Posted to alt.home.repair
gpsman gpsman is offline

Default termites

On Mar 18, 12:20 pm, coloradotrout wrote:
Should I proactively try to prevent termites, and if so, how?

As a former PCO I recommend and use Talstar on my own homes, strictly
according to the label directions.

http://store.doyourownpestcontrol.co...uct/View/I3983

That isn't a bad price, either.

A maximum concentration will contain 0.20% of active ingredient
(bifenthrin, a pyrethroid). A higher concentration is not "better",
it's just a waste of material. http://www.pesticideinfo.org/Detail_...Rec_Id=PC32863

UV light is murder on all insecticides with which I am familiar,
rendering them largely ineffective after only about 24-48 hours of
exposure, so you'll want to hide it as much as practical.

Termites may infest a structure during the spring swarm via
windowsills, so you might want to treat those.

An application of a 0.10% concentration every 60-90 days or so should
offer adequate protection in Kansas, I think.
-----

- gpsman