JK

Default DIY damp injection

Michael Mcneil wrote:
"JK" wrote in message

Part of my flat always feels colder and damper than the rest. It
has no cavity in the walls and they always feel cold. I don't have
any rising damp, but there was some penetrating damp last year until
I discovered where it came from, and the walls pretty much dried
out. But it still feels sort of clammy in there. I was wondering
about hiring the kit and injecting the walls with that fluid
(whatever it is). Would it likely help, or should I forget the idea?

Was it like that when you moved in?

Is your flat on the ground floor?

Do you have adequate ventilation in the part of the flat that you
refer
to as: "But it still feels sort of clammy in there."

Quite often people bring damp problems on themselves by changing the
way
a room or the home was intended to be used. Failing to keep water
channels free, both on the roof and on the ground near walls etc is
the obvious way but quite often in a bid to cut heating bills the
vents in a
room are blocked. Or perhaps a kitchen is installed in a different
part
of the house, a chimney blocked but the flue left open. All sorts of
reasons that get overlooked by all sorts of people -including experts.

It's a small addition to the rear of the house. It has a flat roof and a
concrete floor and no cavity in the walls. Originally it was a (chilly)
bathroom and a utility area off the kitchen. I think it was done on the
cheap by the GLC. I think it was never designed with warmth in mind, so
you're right, in a way, except I'm trying to bring warmth to an area that is
naturally cold!