Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Michael Gray[_3_] Michael Gray[_3_] is offline

Default de Laval turbine

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 01:22:23 -0400, Ed Huntress wrote:

Has anyone ever built a model of a de Laval turbine? I mean one with a
real de Laval nozzle, that put out some power.

Or do you know of a good text about them? Most are either too simple or
they're too abstract on the engineering theory side.

Ed, I've uploaded a bunch of pages relative to turbines, 3 of which pages
contain references to Model Engineer articles on building model turbines;
they're at:
http://www.box.net/shared/7fe502646h

In ME No. 4320, 29 Feb.13 Mar 2008, is the second part of an article on a
gauge 1 turbine loco pp.274-277. with some information on cutting the
turbine blades.

HTH,
Mike in BC