Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
ransley ransley is offline

Default de-stinking a car interior

On Mar 19, 10:25*pm, aemeijers wrote:
I'm sure this has come up on here before, but I can't remember what the
best recommended product was. I think something died in my van, and I
need to de-stink it. I pulled the *removable seats loose and did an
eyeball inspection, but found no little corpses. Not yet desperate
enough to pull the carpets and interior panels. Used up my remaining
quarter-bottle of Febreeze, too soon to tell if it helped. As usual with
these things, smell is worst after van has been sitting closed for
several hours. Smell arrived with the warm spell a couple days ago.

Will it dry up faster if I leave it parked in sunshine with windows up,
or windows down? And what is best product to saturate the suspect part
of carpets and end of floor heater ducts with? (No stink apparent from
the dash ducts, or seating surfaces, or underside of the seats I flipped
over)

Does simple mold ever smell like decomp?

If I leave it parked outside for a month and drive the spare car, will
the problem eventually solve itself?

--
aem sends...

I saw an air filter that had a animal nest in it, Ive had squirrels
under my hood, find what stinks or it maybe many many months for it to
go away, what does it smell like.