Posted to alt.home.repair
KLS KLS is offline

Default any advice on a fridge?

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 21:29:26 -0400, Nate Nagel
wrote:

OK, I think it's time for a new fridge... before I subject myself to the
slick talking salesmen at the local appliance emporium, can anyone
recommend any particular brands/models that are particularly good or
bad?

The most reliable fridges are the ones with the top freezer and no ice
maker or water dispenser. Less stuff to break. But I know what you
mean about having a small kitchen: the narrower doors of the side by
sides do use less space for opening/closing. If you go that route,
avoid the ice maker and water dispenser for better reliability. The
drawback is the narrowness of the freezer side as someone else said:
can't get the on-sale holiday bird in there.