Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default Curiousity, Spring Planting plans?

cshenk wrote:
Just curious what things others here may be planting. Might get some
interesting ideas!

For me, it's a combination of flowers and food things in a container garden.
(I didnt get to make the raised bed this year and am still job hunting so
not time to buy the last of the stuff for it).

The food things are easy seed lettuces and a few tomatoes, some squash
(yellow) and Bok Choy (from seed, should be a fun little trial). 2 bell
pepper plants and 2 cucumber plants later (have to get them still). Thai
basil, sage, to match the rosemary bush that didnt die in winter.

Wild flower mix along the fence, mixed with climbing morning glory.

I just planted a new bouganvillea in a pot on patio..never have had one
before. Recently harvested my first large batch of basil to make some
pesto .. yum! We live in a condo, so can't have a garden or plant in
yard. Fortunately, there are two patios, with room for pots. Got a
little lemon tree that is just now finished blooming and getting tiny
lemons. A work buddy recently sent home a bag of lemons, dropped from
the tree in his yard. Made a gallon of lemonade concentrate! Nothing
better. The lawn people bring us their extra avocados which fell from a
very large tree. More eating than planting going on here )

During the oil embargo, late '70s, my employer used a large plot of
empty ground to turn into employee gardens. They installed sprinklers,
fence, shed, plotted three sizes of gardens. Built shed and bought
several tillers. Employees signed up for garden plots and volunteered
to open/close each day. Great fun, good eats, saved money.