Posted to alt.home.repair
Ray[_9_] Ray[_9_] is offline

Default Curiousity, Spring Planting plans?

On Mar 19, 2:50*pm, "cshenk" wrote:
Just curious what things others here may be planting. *Might get some
interesting ideas!

For me, it's a combination of flowers and food things in a container garden.
(I didnt get to make the raised bed this year and am still job hunting so
not time to buy the last of the stuff for it).

The food things are easy seed lettuces and a few tomatoes, some squash
(yellow) and Bok Choy (from seed, should be a fun little trial). *2 bell
pepper plants and 2 cucumber plants later (have to get them still). *Thai
basil, sage, to match the rosemary bush that didnt die in winter.

Wild flower mix along the fence, mixed with climbing morning glory.

I plan to cultivate some more tomatoes and cucumbers this year. Last
year's Burpee's Early Pick Hybrid VF were really good. The Burpee's
Palace King Hybrids were good too, but not what I expected. They were
a pale green and grew thick, not thin. They were tasty, though.
Maybe Burpee placed the wrong seeds in my pack. I'll plant more herbs
this year, too. Fresh basil and oregano for tomato sauce from fresh
tomatoes.

I kept an eye on the tomato and cucumber transplants for a few weeks
until it was warm enough outdoors to plant them.

There is planting soil from last year. I might just add some more
Plant Tone organic fertilizer to it this year.

I will plant 2 or three of the tomatoes and cucumbers. Last year, one
of the cucumber plants died quickly. It's good to have a few extra.

I will avoid using thin bamboo sticks. Too weak, especially when
plants get drenched with rain. Thick plastic poles will do.

I've been composting for a few months now. The soil should have
adequate nutrients in it by spring.

Maybe I'll add cabbage and lettuce this year.

Good luck with your gardening.