Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Stub Tenon for cabinet door?

On Mar 19, 3:47*am, "
wrote:
On Mar 18, 4:08*pm, "Swingman" wrote:

Hell, split the difference and glue just the middle third on all four sides
if you think the relative weakness of the joint will benefit.

If I am in doubt on a larger door, I will usually put a dot of glue in
the groove in all four sides as I don't like the rattle if the panel
shrinks.

The way I learned to make doors was to let the panel float. *But on
smaller doors, I haven't had one fail when I glued it all around. *And
I cannot count the number of room sized doors as well as kitchen doors
I have caulked in place since all the old "natural" finishes are being
replaced by white paint. *No failures in the fields of the panels yet,
but in some cases there are some hairline movement cracks at the panel
to adjacent wood areas.

I didn't want to post...

I was intimidated by someone that turns out

*gulp*

almost 2 1/2 finished kitchens a week, day in and day out. *That's a
finished kitchen in just 18 hours, every week for 33 years!

Seeing as you put it that way, maybe I should have gone for either
'bezillion' or '****-load' of kitchens.
Although we have had weeks when we did make up to 3 kitchens, we
certainly didn't have that pace for 33 years.
I stand corrected.