Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Changing Mower Blades

Sometimes if you torch heat, and then spray the oil on the
bolt, you can shrink the bolt away from the nut. Helps
separate them and loosen. I've used impact wrench on a hot
nut, that helps. Heat it up, then slam on the impact gun,
and pull the trigger. Removed a trailer hitch off a truck
that way, one time. Heat-n-beat.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message
"ng_reader" wrote:

-snip-.

Or, of course, a shot of spray lubricant
or
Heat with torch and then wrench off.
but not both (!)

Why not both? I try force first, then soak overnight in PB
Blaster-
but when I apply heat I like to spray a little PB blaster on
to cool
-- soak for a bit- re-apply heat and try again.

One of those bound to work.

But, by now, that penetrant worked, right?

Good point.

Patience is a virtue with those buggers. Spray & go do
something
else. Try again tomorrow.

Jim