Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction
Robert Neville Robert Neville is offline

Default Heater in Bathroom Panasonic Whisper Warm ?

"Tube Audio" wrote:

I noticed that Panasonic makes a WhisperWarm , which is a vent fan along
with a heater. Would this be a good way to go? I need to add a vent fan as part of the
remodel.

It's probably not going to do what you want - the room will be cold when you
enter and if the exhaust fan is running, the only warmth will come from direct
radiation. Since you are remodeling, you may want to consider something like
this as a solution:

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...170&lpage=none

It fits flush into the wall and operates by thermostat (builtin or separate).
There are many similar choices to choose from, depending on the size of the
room. Search for electric wall heater.

I installed one in a back corner bathroom that never seemed to get warm enough
from the central heating. Set the thermostat just high enough to take the chill
off the room, but not so high that you'd see a big electric hit.

It does draw current similar to a hair dryer, so you can't piggy back on a
lighting circuit and need to be careful about a bath circuit since it's possible
you'd have a hair dryer going the same time it was running. We had an unused 20A
GFCI jet tub circuit available, so it was really easy to install.