Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction
EXT EXT is offline

Default Heater in Bathroom Panasonic Whisper Warm ?

RicodJour wrote:
On Mar 18, 5:00 pm, "Tube Audio" wrote:
Hello

I am about to have my bathroom remolded.

My wife would like to add a heater to the bathroom. The home has a
forced air gas furnace and the batroom has a vent in it. We rarely
turn the house heater on (live in SF bay area).

I noticed that Panasonic makes a WhisperWarm , which is a vent fan
along with a heater.

Would this be a good way to go? I need to add a vent fan as part of
the remodle.

Was wondering if there is a better way to install a heater?

How are the Red Hating Lamp Light Bulbs?

Or an Electric Wall mount heater?

First things first. Do NOT have your bathroom remolded. You should
reuse the existing mold. It's cheaper that way.

I like Panasonic fans, but I don't see the point in heating the air up
by the ceiling. If you want to do it right, look into installing
radiant heat under the floor tile. There are very few things in life
that are nicer than stepping barefoot onto a nice warm floor, and none
of those other things are legal.

Electric radiant is efficient for small areas, such as your bathroom,
and it frees up wall and ceiling space. The only thing you'll see is
the thermostat. If you get one of the programmable thermostats you
can set it to turn the floor heat on a little while before you get up
in the morning so you'll step onto that nice warm floor.

I agree. I am working on the second bathroom remodel using under tile
electric heaters as an addition to the house heating. They don't use much
electricity and can be controlled to only operate when you need it.